http://dev.siouxriverwildlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/LogoInProgress.png 0 0 Administrator http://dev.siouxriverwildlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/LogoInProgress.png Administrator2015-07-10 19:32:572015-07-10 19:34:26BraisedPheasantPrint
Braised Pheasant with Balsamic Sauce
Start by browning in a large stainless steel skillet
- 4 slices of bacon (or more if you like)
- Crumble the bacon into bits and reserve in a bowl.
- Cut breasts from two pheasants into one-inch strips.
- Season with salt and pepper and roll in flour.
- Saute meat in the bacon grease until browned on both sides.
- Then remove to plate.
To the skillet, add
- 1 shallot, chopped
When the shallot is softened, add
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Bring to a boil, then return the meat to the skillet.
- Cover and place in oven @ 275 degrees for at least one hour.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and place the meat on a plate while you prepare the sauce.
Heat the skillet and add
- 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring to a boil, mashing the garlic with a spoon.
- Stir in the bacon bits and the meat.
- Taste the sauce. If you can’t taste the balsamic,
- You may want to add more.
- To serve, place a scoop of mashed potatoes in the center
- of a plate and lay the strips of meat around the
- Potatoes like spokes of a wheel. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
- You can saute’ some portabella mushroom slices in butter and add them
- to the sauce just before serving.
Sioux River Wildlife http://www.siouxriverwildlife.com/